Monday, August 20, 2018

Things to Remember

Saturday night was emotionally draining, visiting A's baby for the first time. Sunday I didn't want to be around people. My roommates however talked me into...well, encouraged me, to going to another friend's birthday party. I didn't want to go. I didn't want to be around people. I didn't know if I had the emotional energy to go and to have fun.

But I did have fun. 

I put on my best out-going self. I let myself be loose and light and funny.


I need to remember. Two things I need to remember. 

(1) Be around people. Solitude is good and a state I like to be in. But, when I am feeling really down, being around people is needed. Needed to help me get out of my own head. 

(2) Be outside. On Thursday night, I went to the Botanical Gardens with M and her mom. Being out in nature also brings me peace and pulls me out of my own head. 



No comments:

Post a Comment